“I’m saying hello to a new dream
I’m taking it back what’s left of me
Don’t even try
You can’t stop me now!
I gotta feeling where I used to be numb.
I can feel it now rushing through my blood.
I’m stronger than I ever thought I was,
and now I found another way out of here.”
– Scott Stapp ‘Break Out’ Lyrics
Grammy award winning artist Scott Stapp will be hitting the road this summer in support of his solo album, Proof of Life. This is the second full length album and is quite a personal one for Scott. The album is a collection of amazing rock tracks yet filled with emotionally driven lyrics and sung through the amazingly unmistakable vocals of Scott. Proof of Life is the first new material since Scott‘s release of his 2012 uncensored memoir where he shared his life story of his fundamentalist upbringing, the rise of Creed, his ongoing battle with addiction, the rediscovery of his faith and the launch of his solo career.
The album has been getting rave reviews as it not only satisfies your need for rock, but also provides the listener a connection to the emotional journey of life. Proof of Life was produced by Howard Benson, mixed by Chris Lord-Alge and debuted at #37 on the Billboard Top 200 Charts. With the great success of the album, Scott is setting out on another leg of the US tour in support of the album.
“Really excited to get back on the road,” Stapp remarked. “Performing live and seeing my fans up close and person is really special to me. It’s important for me to stay connected to my fans that have been on this journey with me. I’m so grateful for everyone that has stuck by me through the years. Every night is unique & different. It’s really humbling to watch the fans sing along to my new music and I promise to give the fans a show they will not forget.”
We had the opportunity to chat with Scott about his upcoming tour, the album and how things are going with his solo career. We are pleased to bring that interview to you here:
So I hope you get a chance to take a look at the tour dates and get yourself to a show. One thing is for sure, Scott‘s performances provide a night that is truly magical. Whether you are there to rock out, emotionally connect, immerse yourself into song, or to support Scott on his musical journey, it will be a night you will not soon forget.
- 6/13/2014 Winston Salem, NC Ziggy’s
- 6/14/2014 Wilmington, NC Ziggy’s By the Sea
- 6/16/2014 Newton, NJ Newton Theatre –
- 6/17/2014 Washington D.C. The Howard Theatre
- 6/19/2014 Verona, NY The Turning Stone Resort Casino
- 6/20/2014 Lancaster, PA Chameleon Club
- 6/21/2014 Patchogue, NY The Emporium
- 6/24/2014 Pittsburgh, PA Latitude Live
- 6/25/2014 Poughkeepsie, NY The Chance
- 6/27/2014 Niagara Falls, NY The Bears Den At Seneca Niagara
- 6/28/2014 Flint, MI The Machine Shop
- 6/29/2014 Lexington, KY Busters
- 7/1/2014 Springfield, MO Gillioz Theatre
- 7/2/2014 Fort Smith, AR Neumeier’s Rib Room & Beer Garden
- 7/11/2014 Ottumwa, IA War Memorial Park
- 7/12/2014 Woodhaven, MI Uncle Sam Jam
- 7/18/2014 Willmar, MN Sonshine Festival
- 7/26/2014 Grover Hill, OH Bike Fest 2014
- 8/1/2014 Kennewick, WA Creation Festival 2014
- 8/8/2014 Gilford, NH Soulfest 2014
- 9/13/2014 Centreville, VA Awakening Festival 2014
Make sure to pick up your copy of Proof of Life on iTunes and visit his social media sites so you can stay up to date on their latest news. I will leave you with the music video for Scott‘s single, Slow Suicide.
Information & Links: