Triumphant Hearts, the new album from Jason Becker is released today via MascotRecords/Mascot Label Group. The album features Marty Friedman, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Neal Schon, Steve Morse, Paul Gilbert, Joe Bonamassa, Uli Jon Roth, Richie Kotzen, Gus G., Jake Shimabukuro, and many more.
Jason Becker’s story is one of brilliance, talent, determination, adversity, and, ultimately, triumph. A child prodigy on guitar, Jason rose to prominence as a teenager when he was one half of the technical guitar duo Cacophony, with his great friend Marty Friedman. In 1989, at only 19 years old and after wowing audiences all over the world, the young virtuoso became the guitarist for David Lee Roth, following in the huge footsteps of Eddie Van Halen and Steve Vai. He wrote and recorded on his 3rd solo album ‘A Little Ain’t Enough’ and was poised for superstardom when a nagging pain in his leg was diagnosed as Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). A fatal condition with a life expectancy of maybe five years. Maybe.
That was 29 years ago. He lost the ability to play guitar, walk, talk, and breathe on his own. But never lost his will to live or his desire to create music. Communicating through a series of eye movements with a system developed by his father, Jason spells out words as well as musical notes and chords. He imparts his musical vision to his team who then can input the notes into a computer, edit the parts to his exacting standards, and then generate charts for session musicians. His inspiring music and life story have been the subject of countless news articles, magazine cover stories, and an award-winning documentary, Jason Becker: Not Dead Yet.
The album’s 14 tracks showcaseJason’s gift for melody and his deep knowledge of classical composition andorchestral arrangement. Many of the guitar parts are performed by a who’s whoof 6-string gods including Joe Satriani,Steve Vai, Neal Schon, Steve Morse,Paul Gilbert, Joe Bonamassa, and many others. And, in what will absolutelydelight his fans, Jason’s amazing guitar playing—recorded in the ’80s and’90s—features throughout.
You can pick up the album by heading over to https://www.mascotlabelgroup.com/jason-becker-triumphant-hearts-cd.html and get a free poster with purchase. Or head over to http://smarturl.it/JasonBecker for more streaming and purchase options.
Jason Becker, ‘Triumphant Hearts’ Track Listing
1. “Triumphant Heart” (feat. Marty Friedman, Glauco Bertagnin & Hiyori Okuda)
2. “Hold On To Love” (feat. Codany Holiday)
3. “Fantasy Weaver” (feat. Jake Shimabukuro)
4. “Once Upon A Melody”
5. “We Are One” (feat. Steve Knight)
6. “Magic Woman” (feat. Uli Jon Roth & Chris Broderick)
7. “Blowin’ in the Wind” (Gary Rosenberg & Jason Becker)
8. “River of Longing” (feat. Joe Satriani, Aleks Sever, Guthrie Govan, Steve Morse)
9. “Valley of Fire” (feat. Michael Lee Firkins, Steve Vai, Joe Bonamassa, Paul Gilbert, Neal Schon, Mattias IA Eklundh, Marty Friedman, Greg Howe, Jeff Loomis, Richie Kotzen, Gus G., Steve Hunter, Ben Woods)
10. “River of Longing” (feat. Trevor Rabin)
11. “Taking Me Back”
12. “Tell Me No Lies”
13. “Hold On To Love” (feat. Codany Holiday) [Chuck Zwicky Remix]
14. “You Do It”
Check out a couple of videos: