Thadeus Gonzalez truly captures your attention with his new video for his emotionally driven track, Change The Locks. There is such a depth of vulnerability in this song that touches your soul and awakens your heart. I love this track and the vocals of Thadeus carries a weight of emotion that really grabs you and delivers a sense of clarity.
Gonzalez wrote the song about taking responsibility for your actions; by “changing your locks” to keep the worst of the way you behave out while only letting the best of you in, and the struggle that that entails. “When that much emotion is felt in a song, it’s difficult to find images that benefit the music. For “Change the Locks,” my old family footage really gave the music a nice lift,” said Gonzalez.
Check out the video here:
The video was produced by Scott Reategui Richards and Gonzalez, and shot in San Francisco. The track was produced by Dennis Hill (Hagar/Satriani, Lit, Good Charlotte) and recorded/mixed by Kyle Homme (Matt Costa, Sugarcult, Reel Big Fish). Hill (Face to Face) contributed lead and rhythm guitars and backing vocals, Scott Shiflett (Face to Face, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes) added additional lead guitar, Pete Pacheco (Electric Sister) was on bass and backing vocals, and Nathan Walker (Lit) handled drums.
Thadeus has a couple upcoming shows where you can catch him:
- October 24 RockBar Theater San Jose CA 8p 21+ with Loudness
- October 31 Toot’s Tavern Crockett CA 930p with Hot For Teacher
Make sure to visit his social media sites and stay up to date on his latest news.
Information & Links:
- Website: thadeusgonzalez.com.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thadeusgonzalez
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThadeusGonzalez
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/thadeusgonzalezmusic/
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/utopian-society/id911156357