We trekked out to San Francisco Saturday evening to catch Toad the Wet Sprocket perform at the legendary Fillmore. Toad are currently out on tour in celebration of the 25th anniversary of their “Fear” album, one of my favorites. The crowd arrived early and the venue was soon packed to near capacity. The night featured sets by Luke Wade and Rusted Root. We also might add that we had the opportunity to catch San Francisco band Gutter Swan perform in the Poster Room upstairs in between sets. This acoustic duo was a highlight for us, as they captured our attention with their engaging sets of familiar songs that now held their personal style.
Pop/Folk Singer/Songwriter Luke Wade took to the stage and from the start, his compelling vocals insured everyone was going to have a great time.
Rusted Root ignited the crowd with their high energy set that brings to life a fusion of music of, rock, blues, world and much more. Their set so easily invites the crowd to dance along and feel the rhythm of their music.
When Toad the Wet Sprocket took to the stage, the crowd was ready to go and they kicked off their set with one of my faves, Good Intentions. It was magical to see the crowd swaying and singing along to every word. The night continued on as they performed songs from many of their albums as well as a new song off Glen Phillips upcoming solo record, Swallowed By The Earth.
The tour will pick up again on August 12th at the Neighborhood Theater in Charlotte, NC. There is also an incredible VIP Experience which includes:
Check out the list of tour dates and make sure to get yourself to a show!
- Aug 12 Neighborhood Theatre Charlotte, NC
- Aug 13 Suwannee Town Center Park Suwanee, GA
- Aug 14 Charleston Music Hall Charleston, SC
- Aug 15 Rams Head Live Baltimore, MD
- Aug 18 Innsbrook After Hours Glen Allen, VA
- Aug 19 9:30 Club Washington, DC
- Aug 20 The Paramount Huntington, NY
- Aug 22 City Winery New York, NY
- Aug 23 Bergen Performing Arts Center Englewood, NJ
- Aug 25 Paramount Hudson Valley Theater Peekskill, NY
- Aug 25 Paramount Hudson Valley Peekskill, NY
- Aug 26 Blue Ocean Music Hall Salisbury, MA
- Aug 27 Indian Ranch Webster, MA
- Aug 28 Keswick Theatre Glenside, PA
- Aug 31 Jergel’s Rhythm Grille Warrendale, PA
- Sep 01 Royal Oak Music Theatre Royal Oak, MI
- Sep 02 The Rose Music Center at The Heights Huber Heights, OH
- Sep 03 Naperville Jaycee’s 2016 Last Fling Naperville, IL
- Oct 09 City Winery – Nashville Nashville, TN
- Oct 22 Walt Disney World – Epcot Orlando, FL
- Oct 23 Walt Disney World – Epcot Orlando, FL
Make sure to visit their social media sites and stay up to date on their latest news.
Information & Links:
- Website: http://toadthewetsprocket.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/toadthewetsprocketmusic/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ToadWetSprocket
We really enjoyed meeting you and are thrilled you enjoyed our set.
We’re playing Friday (7/29) at The Lost Church (65 Capp Street) in San Francisco.
Will you please strongly consider playing “high on a river bed” or if that is not doable, our second choice would be “desire” when you come to lovely Baltimore, The U.S. Capital of all things heroin, on August 15th? I promise to pay extra and to buy at least 20 t-shirts if you do. Deal?